Lies My Government Told Me
Our coffee group is blessed with different points of view. Some are the traditional conservative Christian. There are some out in deep right field. Others take a more liberal viewpoint.
We discuss many things, sometimes politics. Most of the time we can laugh about this. The last time I attended the coffee group, my viewpoint seemed to offend and anger one of our members. I admit that at times I wind people up.
Some in our group are very defensive about our present President, in my opinion one of the worst ever, particularly because of extremely poor communication. He gets little respect.
We went to war because of things untrue. Some call them lies. Others in our group argue that these were not lies because we did not know that the information was false. I got an email listing all of the "liars" quotes and they included many now prominent anti-war "Presidential Candidates" if we label anything that ridiculously early before an election.
I do not care about what was said then.
I want to know what they said and did (and why they said or did what they did) when they found out the truth. What did Herr Bush do? When did he know? Did he distribute the truth right away when he found out? My perception of him and his reaction is one of the reasons why I believe he is such a poor leader.
The same could be asked of the Wicked Witch of the East or Barack or Pretty Boy Johnnie. I would like to know. (Did they change their stance for political gain?)
The debate about the war goes on and it seems pretty certain that the public blames the Republicans (some believe Republicans are the party of God) and that Democrats will win the election as a result.
It seems to me that staying is wrong. It may be just as wrong to pick up and leave. We do have a way to decide this that no one seems to consider.
Why don't we let the PEOPLE of Iraq decide what they want? They should VOTE. Our government has been saying that they now have a democracy. Let the people vote on whether the United States should STAY or GO. If they decide GO, then, on the same election ballot, they should decide WHEN. We abide by the decision of the PEOPLE.
There is no question in the eyes of the world or our people about the decision. They decide and we do it.
If they want us to stay, we have their permission and request and our people and the world cannot deny it. If they ask us to go and it falls apart, the decision was theirs. To say that they are incapable of making the decision runs contrary to everything our country stands for. I think that this is an important thing to consider as we approach the celebration of our own independence.
If we are unwilling to let the people decide, then I have to ask how we any better than the USSR or Nazi Germany, or some other invading conqueror?
Our coffee group is blessed with different points of view. Some are the traditional conservative Christian. There are some out in deep right field. Others take a more liberal viewpoint.
We discuss many things, sometimes politics. Most of the time we can laugh about this. The last time I attended the coffee group, my viewpoint seemed to offend and anger one of our members. I admit that at times I wind people up.
Some in our group are very defensive about our present President, in my opinion one of the worst ever, particularly because of extremely poor communication. He gets little respect.
We went to war because of things untrue. Some call them lies. Others in our group argue that these were not lies because we did not know that the information was false. I got an email listing all of the "liars" quotes and they included many now prominent anti-war "Presidential Candidates" if we label anything that ridiculously early before an election.
I do not care about what was said then.
I want to know what they said and did (and why they said or did what they did) when they found out the truth. What did Herr Bush do? When did he know? Did he distribute the truth right away when he found out? My perception of him and his reaction is one of the reasons why I believe he is such a poor leader.
The same could be asked of the Wicked Witch of the East or Barack or Pretty Boy Johnnie. I would like to know. (Did they change their stance for political gain?)
The debate about the war goes on and it seems pretty certain that the public blames the Republicans (some believe Republicans are the party of God) and that Democrats will win the election as a result.
It seems to me that staying is wrong. It may be just as wrong to pick up and leave. We do have a way to decide this that no one seems to consider.
Why don't we let the PEOPLE of Iraq decide what they want? They should VOTE. Our government has been saying that they now have a democracy. Let the people vote on whether the United States should STAY or GO. If they decide GO, then, on the same election ballot, they should decide WHEN. We abide by the decision of the PEOPLE.
There is no question in the eyes of the world or our people about the decision. They decide and we do it.
If they want us to stay, we have their permission and request and our people and the world cannot deny it. If they ask us to go and it falls apart, the decision was theirs. To say that they are incapable of making the decision runs contrary to everything our country stands for. I think that this is an important thing to consider as we approach the celebration of our own independence.
If we are unwilling to let the people decide, then I have to ask how we any better than the USSR or Nazi Germany, or some other invading conqueror?
1 Comments:
I am on the fence about Bush 43's performance. Some of the things that he has done rate high praise, others not so much. I agree that his administration has done a poor job of communicating, resulting in some things, such as the Justice-Dept-Federal-Prosecutor-Firing-
"Scandal." Technically, the president can have whoever he wants in his administration. It's just the way that he went about the firings that raised eyebrows.
And I note that the Democratic-controlled Congress isn't much better, creating a scandal over these firings when it's the president's prerogative. So there is blame all around for the current political situation.
Post a Comment
<< Home